From the beginning, Montauk Tackle has been an American made clothing brand. Over the years we have focused all of our attention on producing recycled yarns which have become the basis of all of our fabric construction.
It has become difficult to find clothing and products made in the USA as many companies outsource manufacturing overseas. If you buy products from overseas, you cannot be sure that the workings manufacturing those products can be working in unsafe working conditions in factories that don't have the same environmental protections that we have in the USA. Buying American made clothing helps to support American manufacturing jobs, and leaves you knowing that your clothes are made in factories with high standards.
Each of our shirts are made up of 4 plastic bottles. The bottles are shredded to get rid of any unwanted liquid that was left behind in the bottles. The shredded plastic or flake is then melted into pellets. These pellets are spun into yarn that we use those fibers for our clothing. The process that creates the fabric embeds properties like wicking, adaptive warming and cooling, water repellency and more at the fabric level.
At Montauk Tackle, we are proud to be an American made clothing brand that does good by giving back to the community. We give and donate to both local and national companies including:
- Herman Lucerne Memorial
- Raises awareness of issues facing the Everglades and Florida Bay
- IGFA (International Game Fish Association)
- Committed to the conservation of game fish and promotion of responsible and ethical angling practices
- Captains For Clean Water
- Dedicated to implementing a long-term solution to clean the Lake Okeechobee discharge water in an attempt to restore natural sheet flow to the Everglades National Park and Florida Bay
- Bonefish Tarpon Trust
- Dedicated to conserving and restoring bonefish, tarpon and permit fisheries and habitats through research, stewardship, education and advocacy
- Dock To Dish
- Committed to making local, traceable, low-impact wild seafood accessible to organized groups of cooperative members through community and restaurant supported fishery programs
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island
- Aims to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported 1-to-1 relationships that change their lives for the better, forever
- The Billfish Foundation
- Conserving billfish worldwide
At Montauk Tackle, all of our performance apparel incorporates recycled yarns infused with 50+ UPF sun protection, moisture wicking, and antimicrobial and stain resistant properties. We’re proud to be an American made clothing brand. Our fabrics are made from recycled plastic bottles. We estimate 4 plastic bottles have been repurposed into each one of our shirts. Our fabric partner was selected because they actually collect their own plastic bottles and feed them into a vertically integrated process to create Montauk’s engineered recycled smart fabrics. It allows our apparel to tell an amazing certifiably sustainability story—traceable and transparent.